Meet the Eight Interns
This summer, Harley-Davidson is turning a mundane rite of passage—the summer internship—into the experience of a lifetime.
Eight social media savvy interns were selected to inspire new riders by taking to the road on a Harley-Davidson and documenting their journey, including: learning to ride at H-D Riding Academy, attending events ranging from motorcycle rallies to music festivals, and of course, experiencing the freedom of riding. Some will even take part in the Motor Company’s 115thAnniversary celebrations in Milwaukee and Prague—and all eight will of course get to keep their bike at the end of the summer.
To see all eight interns, check out this video: https://www.facebook.com/harley-davidson/videos/10155659232075765/.
More than 7,500 people applied from more than 30 countries including South Africa, Russia, China, Argentina, France and Egypt, and shared what freedom meant to them, in 7,500 unique ways, including:
- Grandchildren who were inspired to learn to ride because of a photograph
- Hilarious videos from recent grads who are not quite ready to work in a cubical
- Even a female rider in Pakistan who empowers women every day by teaching them how to ride
Below is information on the eight #FindYourFreedom interns selected:
- Alejandro Garrido (Miami): Alejandro knows there is no greater freedom than riding on two wheels. A former police officer in Brevard County, and current student in Miami, Alejandro is excited to continue building his marketing skills with Harley-Davidson this summer.
- Cassandra “Charlie” Grimbly (Cape Town, South Africa): As an established blogger, Charlie loves to share her passion for travel, fashion and living life to the fullest with her followers. When it comes to riding, Charlie knows there is no better feeling than feeling the breeze and enjoying the sights one can only see on a motorcycle.
- Brock St. Clair (Starkville, Miss.): Whether it’s auditioning for an improv team, acting in a play or hosting a college radio show, Brock is no stranger to taking risks. A rising college senior, Brock has a unique talent for capturing audiences’ attention and sharing his passion for branching out of his comfort zone.
- Emma Ogiemwanye (Long Beach, Calif.): After graduating in 2012, Emma has spent the past four years working in communication for some of the world’s most recognizable tech brands. Before going back to school this fall, Emma looks forward to throwing a leg over a motorcycle and sharpening her social media skills with Harley-Davidson.
- Meghan Glova (Charlotte, N.C.): A recent graduate, Meghan is no stranger to the limelight. With experience as a television news reporter and producer, Meghan is looking forward to bringing her storytelling skills to Harley-Davidson’s social media team. Meghan’s freedom is living life to the fullest, seizing every memory and pursuing her dreams—all while on a motorcycle.
- Anthony Peries (London, England): Growing up in central London, Anthony dreamed of the freedom of riding on the open road. His life motto is simple—“Live to ride, Ride to live”—and it pushes him to continue to inspire the next generation of riders.
- Tessa Otto (Kennan, Wis.): From a small town in the north woods of Wisconsin, Tessa found her freedom through wearing a good pair of boots and exploring the outdoors. Tessa’s passion for Harley-Davidson started with her Dad’s own motorcycle, and now as a rising college senior she is looking forward to hopping on her own two wheels and enjoying the open road.
- Weidong Han (Wuhan, China): Weidong came to the United States when he was 19 years old, and has totaled more than 70,000 Miles on his motorcycle—traveling to 49 of 50 states. A recent graduate, Weidong is looking forward to bring his marketing experience and love for exploring the open road to Harley-Davidson’s social media team.
The internship program, which aims to inspire the next generation of riders, is part of Harley-Davidson’s mission to grow the sport and create two million new riders by 2027.
Follow the interns throughout the summer on Harley-Davidson’s Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and SnapChat channels.