Last August, a custom Sportster was stolen

The Survivor on display at Wildcat H-D

from a locked trailer in Lexington, Kentucky. But this wasn’t just any Sportster; the bike, dubbed “The Pink Lady,” had been donated, customized and painted pink by Wildcat Harley-Davidson in London, Kentucky, and signed by several country music stars, including Dolly Parton, Tim McGraw,Taylor Swift, Gretchen Wilson and Carrie Underwood. The bike was intended to be auctioned on behalf of the Lexington Affiliate of the Susan G. Komen Foundation, and was expected to bring about $100,000 to help cancer victims. 

In November, the bike was recovered during a meth lab bust, but it had already been stripped of paint, sanded to remove the autographs and chopped to part it out. Sadly, the Pink Lady was declared a total loss. However, Wildcat H-D stepped up to the plate and again donated their time and talents (not to mention the needed parts) to restore and custom paint the recovered bike. The Pink Lady was unveiled at Wildcat on April 26, and is now known as “The Survivor,” something that those battling cancer can certainly relate to.

The Survivor will be auctioned on eBay beginning on May 19, and I’m told that several pre-auction bids have already been received. If you win the auction, you will also receive the original gas tank which still shows traces of the stars’ signatures. Starting May 19, just go to eBay Motors and search for either The Pink Lady or The Survivor.

The Lexington Affiliate serves 58 counties in Kentucky, and 75 percent of the net funds raised will stay there to help with breast cancer screening, treatment and education. The other 25 percent will go to Komen headquarters for national research grants. Check out to find out more.



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here