As the first step toward launching its all-electric LiveWire brand, Harley-Davidson is introducing LiveWire ONE, an updated version of its original LiveWire electric motorcycle, now priced at $21,999.
“As part of The Hardwire Strategy, we made a commitment that Harley-Davidson would lead in electric,” explained Jochen Zeitz, Chairman, President and CEO of Harley-Davidson. “We recognized the pioneering spirit and brand value in LiveWire for our community and took the decision to evolve the original LiveWire motorcycle into a dedicated EV brand.
“Today’s LiveWire ONE builds on the DNA of Harley-Davidson but with the electric focus and ambition of the new LiveWire brand,” Zeitz continued. “Harley-Davidson and LiveWire will continue to rewrite the motorcycle rulebook, and we are excited about this next chapter in our legacy.”
So what’s different about the ONE compared to the original LiveWire? H-D claims “evolved software and hardware.” The motor is rated at 105 horsepower and 86 lb-ft of torque, able to sprint from 0 to 60 mph in just 3.0 seconds. As previous, the bike has a 30-inch seat height and weighs 562 pounds.
The LiveWire ONE is now available to order at LiveWire.com or at select LiveWire dealers for $21,999, a considerably lower price than the bike’s former MSRP that pushed near the $30,000 threshold. H-D says the LiveWire ONE “delivers the best experience for the urban rider, with personality and soul.”
· Bike With A Pulse: Haptic heartbeat — adding a touch of humanity to electricity
· Digitally Connected: Stream directions, monitor alerts, and track your recharge status
· Instant Acceleration: Smooth power from the electric motor that can produce 100% of its rated torque instantly
· Fast Charging: Recharge DC Fast Charge 0 to 100% in 60 minutes/0 to 80% in 45 minutes
· Far Ranging: 146 miles of city range, capable of traveling beyond the urban grid
· Custom Modes: Define how LiveWire ONE performs and personalize your experience
· Control: Advanced rider systems and a 6-axis IMU tracks and anticipates change
LiveWire ONE will debut at IMS North California on July 18th, 2021, with demo rides and wider product experience moments. In addition to its LiveWire.com channel, the ONE will be available at 12 incoming LiveWire brand dealers in California, New York and Texas, with additional locations planned for the fall.
With the focus on the digital experience, LiveWire.com takes visitors through an immersive journey from vision to product — including a new interactive bike builder, a new mobile app, and a heightened ownership experience. Additionally, the LiveWire Custom Financing Program provides ownership with options, allowing riders to experience the latest LiveWire technology, on short term leasing.
Initially launching in the USA, LiveWire ONE will be available in international markets from 2022. For future product news, visit LiveWire.com.